"Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God." (Romans 5:1-2 ESV)
As Paul continues his letter to the Romans, chapter 5 opens with a panorama of the many blessings he gives us in his Son, Jesus Christ. Being united to Christ through faith not only justifies us, but reconciles us to God and gives us every good thing in Him. (Compare Romans 8:28-30.) Here are eight...
Eight jewels of reconciliation from Romans 5:1-11...
1) Peace: God is not against us (5:1, 10)
2) Grace: we have free access and a secure position before God (5:2a)
3) Hope: our glorious future gives us joy and confidence now (5:2b, 4)
4) Character: we have a new way to look at suffering. (5:3-4)
5) Love: we are the recipients of the outpouring of God’s love. (5:5-8)
6) Holy Spirit: he is God’s gift to us that we might know truth (5:5)
7) Salvation: not just now, but from now on, because Jesus lives (5:9-10)
8) Joy: because of all this we can rejoice in the Lord (5:11)