Thursday, October 22, 2015

being known


"What matters supremely, therefore, is not, in the last analysis, the fact that I know God, but the larger fact which underlies it--the fact that he knows me.  I am graven on the palms of his hands.  I am never out of his mind.  All my knowledge of him depends on his sustained initiative in knowing me. He knows me as a friend, one who loves me; and there is no moment when his eye is off me, or his attention distracted from me, and no moment, therefore, when his care falters."

~ J. I. Packer, Knowing God, p. 41.

1 comment:

Rev. Dr. Neil Damgaard said...

An excellent quote. That He is interested in me, and could easily have a completely comprehensive conversation with me about me, unveiling all my confusion, detail my gifts, review my history, explain my geneology, predict my destiny and love me anyway is something I have yet to "get over." As Prof Hendricks used to say, "Lord, let me never get over it."