Some Sunday quotes & notes from the sermon by Jim Krouscas.
"Two natures beat within my breast.
The one is foul, the other blest.
The one I love, the one I hate;
The one I feed will dominate."
"To be In Christ – that is redemption; but for Christ to be IN YOU – that is sanctification! To be IN CHRIST – that makes you fit for heaven; but for Christ to be IN YOU – that makes you fit for earth! To be in Christ – that changes your destination; but for Christ to be IN YOU – that changes your destiny! The one makes heaven your home – the other makes the world His workshop."
(Ian Thomas, The Life of Christ in the Life of the Believer)
Treasuring Christ. Because of Christ...
1) I am a recipient of God’s mercy. (Col 3:6)
2) I am a new person. (Col 3:3)
3) I am being renewed in the knowledge of God. (Col 3:10)
4) I am part of the universal Body of Christ. (Col 3:11)
5) I am chosen by God. (Col 3:12)
6) I am holy. (Col 3:12)
7) I am loved. (Col 3:12)
8) I am forgiven by God. (Col 3:13)
Sunday's sermon online here.